Quebec reports 525 new COVID cases, eight more deaths Wednesday
Posted November 3, 2021 1:35 pm.
Last Updated November 3, 2021 3:04 pm.
Quebec is reporting 525 new cases of COVID-19, eight more deaths linked to the novel coronavirus and two fewer patients in hospital with the disease.
The latest figures come ahead of an update later today by Health Minister Christian Dube on the government’s vaccine mandate for health workers.
Dube delayed the deadline by one month, to Nov. 15, because he said suspending unvaccinated workers in October would have had devastating effects on the health-care system.
The minister said Tuesday there were still about 12,000 health-care workers who had not received a single dose of COVID-19 vaccine.
Dube said discussions were continuing with health network managers about different scenarios and noted the province imposed mandatory testing for unvaccinated workers three times a week when it announced the delay.
Last week, Premier Francois Legault suggested the government could further push back the vaccine mandate deadline.