Six-year-old girl dies in Laval multi-vehicle crash; five-month-old in critical condition

By News Staff

A six-year-old girl was confirmed dead Tuesday following a multi-vehicle crash on Monday night on Route 335 in Laval. Her five-month-old sister remains in critical condition.

The 40-year-old driver of the vehicle that reportedly caused the collision was detained and met with investigators, according to Laval police spokesperson Erika Landry. He has since been released under a promise to appear at a later date, as the Crown requested additional information.

Nine people in total were taken to hospital, including the girls’ parents. Officials confirmed that seven of those injured are now in stable condition.

Laval police report that the crash occurred around 7:30 p.m. on Route 335, between Dagenais Blvd. and Saint-Saëns Blvd. in the Auteuil sector. A driver travelling northbound is said to have lost control of their vehicle about one kilometre north of Dagenais Blvd., colliding with three other cars travelling in both the northbound and southbound lanes.

The exact cause of the initial loss of control has not yet been determined, though the road was reportedly slippery and partially covered in snow at the time of the crash.

Authorities had previously asked motorists to avoid the area.

Laval police Lt. Geneviève Major said the incident remains under investigation and could take several months to complete.

-With files from the Canadian Press

Keep it Factual
Add CityNews Montreal as a trusted source on Google to see more local stories from us.

Top Stories

Top Stories

Most Watched Today